Podcast Audio Engineer
***Please do not apply if you have already done so previously***
Lawgical is an entrepreneurial legal media, marketing, and software firm that has changed the way people connect with trusted legal service providers. We have developed and operate several market-leading online applications and brands in the legal industry such as Legal Talk Network, ServeNow, ServeManager, and CourtFiling.net.
Legal Talk Network is the premier media network for legal professionals. Highlighting important issues and information in a talk show format, the podcasts featured on Legal Talk Network are hosted by leading professionals in the legal industry and feature high profile guests who share their experience and expertise.
Our Philosophy About Life and Work
Life is short. We spend a lot of time at work, thinking about work, driving to work, and getting ready for work. So, it should be work you care about with people you care about. At Lawgical, we work hard, take pride in what we do, and have fun doing it. We have a self-starting, entrepreneurial environment where your ideas matter.
We have grown organically out of garages and small office spaces over the last 10 years and have recently built our dream office in the RiNo Arts District. Our offices are casual and dog-friendly. The kitchen is full of snacks, we buy lunch on Fridays, and we provide a masseuse regularly. We’re excited to be part of the RiNo and Denver start-up communities. In addition, we are thrilled to cultivate a space where like-minded, collaborative, and innovative individuals can call home. We look forward to hosting meet-ups and other community events.
Podcast Audio Engineer – Denver, CO
We are looking for a full-time Podcast Audio Engineer to become part of our growing team to run the production of 28 Podcasts on Legal Talk Network (LTN). LTN, acquired by Lawgical in early 2013, is the market-leading podcast network in the legal industry. LTN shows are hosted by prominent attorneys, bar association presidents, editors, and influential legal professionals. For an example of one of our podcast episodes, check out this episode of the show Make No Law.
The ideal candidate for this role must be experienced, have an excellent ear for audio, be capable of meeting and managing deadlines, be detail-oriented, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times. They must also be able to understand the details of coordinating with internal and external resources to keep production on schedule, have friendly yet professional communication skills, and love running an organized production schedule.
LTN is growing and we want to add more quality shows to the network, but we can’t do it without the best engineers handling the production. If you are creative, work well independently and with others, have a positive, “can-do” attitude, a passion for perfection, and the following skills, we’d love to hear from you.
- Producing, Recording, Editing, and Mixing Multi-Host/Guest Podcasts
- Facilitating Recordings with Hosts & Guests in Remote Locations
- Collaborating with Marketing Team to Expand Distribution
- Managing Relationships with Hosts
- Audio Engineering Degree
- 3+ Years of Audio Engineering Experience
- Experience with ProTools, Logic, or Comparable Programs
- Experience Editing and Mixing Spoken Word Audio
- Experience with Audio Repair and Programs Such as iZotope RX
- Remote Recording via Phone, Skype, and/or Zoom
- Clear and Professional Written/Verbal Skills
- Ability to Work Independently and with a Team
- Knowledge of Gmail and Google Drive
- Proactivity in All Situations
- Extremely Detail-Oriented
Additional Skills (not required):
- Podcast Connoisseur
- Audio Storytelling Experience
- Journalism Experience
- Studio Wiring and Equipment Setup
- Familiar with Podcast Platforms and Podcasting Best Practices
- Managing the Studio Calendar to Schedule Recordings
- Booking/Coordinating Shows
- Comfortable Building Relationships with Hosts/Sponsors
- Ability to Produce Background Music
- Knowledge of WordPress, Basic HTML, and Online Marketing (SEO, email, social media)
- A comprehensive health and benefits package that will include Medical (PPO, HSA, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- 401K Contributions
- Casual dress, yummy snacks, Friday lunches, massages, ping pong
- An opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and growing company and collaborate with a smart, fun, and hard-working team
How to Respond:
Please respond via Indeed.com with your resume, past/current compensation, an explanation of why you are a good candidate for this position, a link to some podcasts/audio you’ve produced as well as a phone message to (800) 753-1844 x809 briefly describing why you would be a good fit for the role.
The Lawgical team includes MBAs, business professionals with extensive backgrounds in technology, management, traditional media and search engine marketing, educators, and highly creative professionals who understand application development and usability.