Web Application Developer (RoR)
What: Web Application Developer
Where: Denver, CO
Lawgical is a entrepreneurial marketing and software firm that has changed the way people connect with trusted legal service providers and legal content. We have developed and operate several market-leading online applications and websites in the legal industry such as Legal Talk Network, ServeNow.com, ServeManager.com, PInow.com and others. Currently we have casual, dog-friendly offices in Denver, Colorado and Los Angeles, California. We are always seeking creative and talented people to join our team to work for a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
Our Philosophy about life & work
Chances are you have a good idea of where you want to go in life. We’re a team of mission-driven people that embrace individuality and thinking outside the box. We’re always seeking good people and we’re creating a culture that’s designed to help people get where they want to go. We’re seeking to change the way people market in the legal industry and to do so while creating a culture in which people love what they do. From a flexible, project-based approach, to innovative perks and benefits, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but can create a great life. Into being challenged? Having fun? Want to change the world? Are you as into your life as you are into your job? If the answer is yes, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re building a company where we want to come to work.
Job Description and Requirements:
We are seeking a full-time web application developer with a bachelor’s degree (or greater) in computer science. Ideally, we are looking for someone with a entrepreneurial background or an MBA. Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in development with using Ruby on Rails. Additional experience with other web development frameworks is a plus.
We are seeking a developer who enjoys being challenged, thinks critically and has a passion for creating easy-to-use web applications. If your skills fit the below criteria and you are looking for a challenging and rewarding work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The candidate hired for this role will primarily be focused on development of our ServeManager product and related applications. The candidate will build new features, maintain existing features, fix bug, troubleshoot, and provide support for a suite of established applications.
- 5+ years experience in Ruby on Rails
- an entrepreneurial or business background
- 5+ years of MVC framework-based development
- ability to deliver cleanly architected, maintainable, tested code
- 3+ years of Github-based workflow
- 5+ years experience with Agile methodology & code reviews
- Experience with Heroku deployment (using Heroku web hosting tools)
- experience in dynamic languages like Python, Ruby or PHP
- strong desire to work in TDD/BDD style environment (RSpec, Cucumber, TestUnit, Jasmine)
- understanding of SQL and SQL performance tuning
- 3+ years experience with nodejs
- experience refactoring legacy code
- experience building and consuming public APIs
- 3+ years in eCommerce technologies
- experience with Stripe or similar payment processing platforms
- 3+ years experience developing and maintaining custom WordPress themes
- MBA or graduate degree highly desired
- experience leading a team or instructing others is highly desired
- experience in the legal industry is highly desired
- bachelors degree in computer science (or similar degree). graduate degree preferred.
- strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and Spanish is preferred.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Please click apply and provide us with links to work samples, desired compensation and current availability. We are currently only seeking candidates in Denver / Northern Colorado.
Trent Carlyle is the CTO and co-founder of LAWgical. Trent works alongside the technology and marketing teams, developing products that help our clients grow their businesses and operate more efficiently. You can follow Trent on Twitter at @trentcarlyle.