The State Bar of Michigan Partners With Legal Talk Network to Bring Members the On Balance Podcast
Lansing, MI – On January 16, the State Bar of Michigan in conjunction with Legal Talk Network released their new podcast, On Balance. The interview-style show will feature notable guests discussing how lawyers can effectively balance their personal and professional lives.
Janet Welch, executive director of the State Bar of Michigan, said of the podcast, “I thought this was a terrific new way to deliver really meaningful content to our members. The podcast series is designed to help members find better balance in their professional and personal lives, through inspiring stories and practical tips.”
The first episodes featured hosts JoAnn Hathaway and Tish Vincent interviewing attendees at the State Bar of Michigan’s NEXT Conference, the bar’s annual meeting. These interviews featured guests like ABC’s Dan Abrams, the family and legal team behind Dennis Tomasik’s exoneration, and Michigan Supreme Court Justices Kurtis Wilder and Bridget Mary McCormack.
“It’s been fun working with the State Bar of Michigan to launch their podcast and help them use this medium as a convenient tool to engage and educate their busy members,” said Adam Camras, CEO of Lawgical, the company behind Legal Talk Network. “It’s clear they truly care about their members.”
The launch episodes feature topics related to the State Bar of Michigan including the newest technologies being used by the court, practice management advice, and current events in the legal industry. Four episodes of bonus content will be released in February.
Recorded live at the 2017 NEXT Conference:
- Dan Abrams on the Tension Between Lawyers and the Media
- Samantha Meinke on an Overview of the 2017 NEXT Conference
- Martin Tieber and Kristoffer Tieber on the Tomasik Exoneration (Part 1)
- Mary Chartier, Takura Nyamfukudza, Dennis Tomasik, and Kim Tomasik on the Tomasik Exoneration (Part 2)
- Justice Kurtis Wilder on the Skills Needed to Argue in Supreme Court
- Justice Bridget Mary McCormack on Bringing Social Media to the Bench
- Mary Roush and David Leasure on E-Filing in Michigan Courts
- Robert Edick on How Lawyers can Avoid Common Grievances
Upcoming Bonus Content:
- Lori Buiteweg on Balancing Law Firm Life, Running the State Bar, and Motherhood
- Janet Welch on the Importance of Bar Associations
- Rob Mathis on the State Bar of Michigan’s Pro Bono Initiative
- Cynthia Sharp on Developing Your Legal Practice
On Balance will continue with monthly episodes covering various topics related to lawyer practice management and lawyer wellness. For more from this podcast, visit the On Balance Podcast. You can also subscribe on Apple iTunes, Google Play Music, other podcast apps, or download the Legal Talk Network app.
About the State Bar of Michigan
The State Bar of Michigan is a statewide organization of attorneys in Michigan that works to protect the public and advance the profession. It also aids in promoting improvements in the administration of justice and advancements in jurisprudence, improving relations between the legal profession and the public, and promoting the interest of the legal profession in Michigan.
About Legal Talk Network
Legal Talk Network is a podcast network for legal professionals with hosts from well-known organizations and brands in legal, including the American Bar Association, Thomson Reuters, The Florida Bar, Robert Half Legal, Above the Law, and Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. The network averages over 250,000 monthly downloads and has more than 20 active podcasts that cover industry trends and events, important legal news and developments, including access to justice, law school, legal technology, and the future of law.